advert

Gallery

Games

LIBYA CHAOS CONTINUES

117 Bodies — Mostly Women — Wash Up on Libyan Beach 

 Image: Libyan officials remove a body from a beach

The bodies of 117 migrants — most of them women — have washed up on a Libyan beach, officials said Friday, marking a particularly deadly day in the Mediterranean migrant crisis.
The Libyan Red Crescent said "a large number" of bodies had been "tossed by the waves onto the shores" off the city of Zuwara in northwestern Libya. It said in a statement posted on Facebook that workers removed 117 bodies — 75 women, six children and 36 men — and that search -and-rescue operations were still ongoing.
It was not immediately known what capsize or shipwreck the victims were from — there have been several in recent days, including another incident on Friday off the coast of Greece's Cete.
More than 300 migrants and refugees were rescued there after their boat capsized in the Mediterranean Sea, according to Greece's Hellenic Coast Guard.
Three bodies also were recovered in the large-scale operation around 85 miles south of the Greek island of Crete, Greek officials told NBC News on Friday.
LIBYA CHAOS CONTINUES LIBYA CHAOS CONTINUES Reviewed by Unknown on 13:53 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.