advert

Gallery

Games

Man Beaten Up For Giving A Lift

HE was just going to pick up a family member near a taxi rank.
Instead he got a beating of his life after being mistaken for a passenger snatcher.
A fight between taxi drivers and “pirate” drivers broke out in Kroonstad recently.
Malefetsane Temiki (44) from Maokeng became a victim after he stopped at the wrong place.
A group of armed men with batons and sjamboks pounced on him.
They accused him of stealing their passengers on Saturday.
Now the man is left with scars that will remind him not to give lifts.
According to Malefetsene, local taxi owners hired security guards to search cars and attack people they suspect of stealing their passengers.
“I was just picking up a family member on my way to work when I saw a neighbour shouting out my name for a lift,” said Malefetsene.  “Little did I know that a beating was to follow. Suddenly, I felt punches landing on my face.”
Taxi drivers saw him picking up a woman to give her a lift.
“Out of nowhere, men wearing uniforms like security guards came towards me and started questioning me,” said Malefetsene.
“They demanded to search my car. I was surprised because they were not cops or traffic officers.
“The men took turns to beat me.  “I woke up in hospital with a bruised body.”
The men stole R200 that was in his wallet, including his licensed firearm.
Police spokesman Constable Peter Kareli said: “Four cases have been opened. They include common assault, two counts of firearm pointing and discharging of firearm in public.
“No one has been arrested yet.”

Man Beaten Up For Giving A Lift Man Beaten Up For Giving A Lift Reviewed by Unknown on 00:18 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.